A Voice Controlled Story-driven game
"This could be something very interesting indeed."
The game has been a big success on GameJolt gaming site! It has been promoted on the front page and received numerous great ratings as well as thousands of views and downloads.
"...technically impressive, cleverly atmospheric and actually great game...fully immerse you in its stylized world by asking questions and reciting dialogue."
Gamasutra: Featured Post: Speech Recognition and Storytelling in Plan Be
Lots of walkthroughs of it on YouTube.
Location: CDC Underground Facility. Sitting behind a computer desk, locked into the security room, you try to guide a scientist to safety as an accident caused most of the personnel to have unstable and violent conditions.
Plan Be is a 2D voice controlled, stealth game, that focuses on storytelling through voice recognition by allowing you to dictate the story's dialogue.
- Voice recognition to guide scientist
- Keyboard/Mouse for various screen interactions
- Voice Recognition allows you to talk to the scientist. Scenes in the story treat you as one of the characters and you have to respond back. You are not just watching the story. You are part of its development.
- Think of various extra things to ask the scientist to get more information or find documents that unravel the story.
- The scientist cannot fight. Help him avoid the enemies by hiding and running.
- As you are in the Control Room you have control over the facility. Enable loudspeakers to distract enemies, open locked doors and guide the scientist to safe hiding spots.
- Additional game mode: Time Limitation. In this mode you only have a specific amount of REAL time to play it and no save games. If you don't finish by then the game will be over.
Made with the free Unity 3D Engine over a period of 4 months. Overall gameplay time 2-3 hours.
The development of this game was one giant leap of faith. It pushed me to work on content I never worked before and on things that are way above my skillset and abilities. But determination and will (and late night pizza) were my best friends.
I could not have done this without the incredible composer Tony Manfredonia who composed the music and worked with me on a regular basis to bring the vision of the game to life. Furthermore I'd like to give special thanks to Lee Baker for the awesome performance he provided for the voice of the protagonist!
- Game and Level Design
- Audio implementation
- Effects implementation
- Project Management
- Performance optimization